Aosta-Cogne-Gressan: a triangle (in strict alphabetical order) made of relationships and intertwining that have lasted for years, even decades. Cultural, industrial, historical, recreational, urban, tourism. A link that lacked only a formalization, which came with the signature of the Memorandum of Understanding between the three administrations which took place today, Tuesday 14 June, in the Ducal Hall of the Municipality of Aosta, a location particularly appreciated also by the large delegation of the respective councils.
Enhance and systematize the excellences of each of the three territories, to unite them and create a great tourist center (and not only) along the central valley, to also bring the Plaine among the great Aosta Valley attractions together, for example, with the Mont Blanc, Matterhorn and Monte Rosa areas: these are the objectives, entrusted to a control room that will put to work to implement the various actions.
“There is no top of the classbut three thinking heads who will try to produce good ideas for the citizens “, the mayor of Aosta points out, Gianni Nuti. “From today we work on parallel axes, with the various departments of the three administrations speaking to each other. We all have to gain. It is a question of systematizing existing initiatives, as was done for example last weekend with the Gran Paradiso Film Festival at Panoramiche, and it will be it is essential that the operators consortium themselves to offer a more systemic offer “.
A union that also wants to be an example, developing a transport model green (thanks to the presence of the Gran Paradiso National Park with Cogne), per a new way of experiencing the mountains, culture and sport. Precisely these three axes represent the strength on which Aosta, Cogne and Gressan will work: “The bond we want to develop with this collaboration aims to enhance our excellence, which is above all nature, culture and sport”, he underlines Franco Allera, mayor of Cogne. “Different peculiarities on the three territories but which serve to make the tourist pole grow”.
“There are constant exchanges with Aosta, just think of the sports areaconnected by a footbridge, as a “relief valve” of the city, but also to the Jovanotti concert, which will be held in the green area, but with the fundamental contribution of the Municipality of Aosta “, he explains Michel Martinet, mayor of Gressan. Inevitable, then, to think about Stack and the new cable car: “The intention of the company Pila spa is to encourage tourism with the new plant, and leave the doors of a possible connection with Cogne open, which we would all see very favorably, ”continues Martinet. “A Aosta-Pila-Cogne connection would not be just a journey, but a real experience”, echoes Allera. “We must work together to be a unique territory and also to make what is around us grow”.
The objectives of the Memorandum of Understanding between Aosta, Cogne and Gressan
As regards the objectives, the signatories of the memorandum of understanding will undertake to:
- share a line of tourism promotion and development of the Aosta / Gressan – Pila / Cogne area through the coordination of the respective Tourism Development Programs and the coordinated organization of initiatives scattered over the various territories and the mutual enhancement of the specificities and events that characterize each location involved in creating, in fact, a strategic tourist axis of the central Valle d’Aosta;
- jointly promote development policies, in particular by placing oneself towards the regional administration – also through its subsidiary Pila SpA or the current manager not only of the Pila ski area, but also of its connection with Aosta and the area called FA08 and VdA Structure – as territorial coordination interested in the integrated development of reception policies, urban redevelopment, construction of intermodal hubs aimed at favoring the decongestion of urban traffic and the promotion of green mobility;
- enhance and enhance itineraries, streets and paths that run through the territories of the various municipalities by identifying narrative, descriptive and coordinated promotional tools, historically rooted and useful for promoting local micro-economies;
- jointly promote sporting and recreational initiatives of common interest, favoring the exchange of tourist flows interested in trekking, walking and cycling, and the interaction between the city and the surrounding area;
- jointly organize social, cultural and sporting events of tourist relevance for which economic sharing and collaboration of human resources are envisaged for the respective bodies, to operate also in the territories of competence of the other affiliated bodies, subject to the stipulation of specific collaboration agreements intercommunal;
- support 0 km products, in particular from organic and / or eco-sustainable agriculture through itinerant initiatives, facilitating relationships with training and research institutions, with institutes for the study and enhancement of short and organic supply chains, facilitating visits to production centers agricultural, food and livestock farming in the territories involved and create exchange networks between producers and restaurateurs, also to experiment and validate new agri-food and food and wine proposals;
- increase the quality of the initiatives and services of social importance present in the various territories, creating networks of relationships and exchanges between experiences, in particular the innovative ones, of social support for the vulnerable, young people, active and non self-sufficient elderly people, people with disabilities in order to increase their quality of life in full integration with their places of belonging; encourage the creation and promotion of citizenship, solidarity and mutual aid initiatives in the territories in a coordinated way;
- intercepting and jointly participating in regional, national and European funding lines on issues of common interest, in particular on communication, transport (with particular attention to zero-emission ones), the enhancement of common environmental, historical, cultural and tourist heritages.